온라인상담

Why You Should Not Think About Improving Your Audi G28

페이지 정보

24-10-14 17:41 

본문

이메일 :
연락처 :
How to Replace an audi car key Cover G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video, Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. This sensor is located at the edge of transmission over the flywheel gear. It sends a message to the ECU via an uncolored wire T55/49, then to the tachometer in the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located on the outside of the transmission, directly above the flywheel ring. The sensor sends signals through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate fuel, timig and boost. It also sends an indicator to the G5 Tachometer within the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu must know when the crankshaft reached TDC, and where the camshaft lies in order to activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails, the ECU will throw a P00160 code which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are out of sync, possibly indicating the chain is stretched or a jump link on the upper timing chain. However, the code won't be displayed on its own without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

It is a little tricky to test as there are several pins on the connector, and each one has different functions. The best method for doing this is to measure the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read approximately 1000 ohms when the sensor is at full operation. If you are having problems with this part, check for signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when accelerating from highway paytoll at full speed, i noticed a huge drop in power. It was like the engine was running out of gas. Or, my injectors weren't firing. I pulled out the spark plugs this morning and audi spare key cost found that 3 were drenched in gasoline and the 4th was dry. I placed a tissue over each hole in the injector and when i turn the engine on without sparks, the three that have gazoline pop right out. The 4th one remains closed. I inspected the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55,30/55 and 48/55 I get zero Ohm. I'm assuming that the issue is elsewhere.

I also tried to reset the PID but without success. The car will start when the G28 is disconnected, but it is running fine with the G28 connected. However the intermittent misfire issue persists at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for the coolant (G62) shows the wrong temperature of -49c even when i unplug it. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bars when the actual pressure is 0.

I'm not sure what to do, i believe that i've completely ruled out all other possibilities. I'm afraid i may have missed something. If anyone has suggestions, please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump of the g28 receives a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style sensor is identical to the G4 and both are used in the 80 100 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a junkyard or from a parts store. It is simple to test them - just put your DMM into resistance mode and measure the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump at the connector end facing upwards). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

Our 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that needs to know the position and speed of the crankshaft in order to make a decision about timing of the fuel injectors, etc. In order to do this it makes use of a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you encounter a problem with either of these, the diagnostic scanner will show the codes that could trigger an engine shutdown.

Some of the signs of a failed G28 sensor are an inaccurate rev counter in the gearbox and gears that shift faster than normal and/or misfiring when you're in gear. If you have any of these issues it is most likely that your sensor is deteriorating and audi tt key fob not working requires replacement audi a3 key. The good news is that they are very cheap and easily accessible, especially in the case of a Bosch unit like ours. Alternatively, the GM version of this component is also a good choice.

5. Tachometer

A failing engine sensor could cause a number of problems within your vehicle. It's a vital component of the audi a1 key replacement's transmission since it relays information to the ECU about how fast or slow the car's crankshaft is rotating. When this sensor fails, it can affect the performance of the transmission as well as the other car's components.

SEAT-Logo-2019.jpgThe G5 engine speed sensor is located on the edge of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear and transmits a signal to the ECU at pin T55/49 through a grey wire. The ECU utilizes this signal to control the amount of fuel and boost, and also to timigrate. It also sends it to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can test for sensor failure by examining the continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. Additionally, you can examine the continuity between pins T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]), and between pin T6a/1 and pin T26a/12. You should detect the resistance to be around 1000 ohms between these two points. This is a common feature across the audi car key holder 80-100-200-RS2 series, starting from the 1985 MC all the way up to the 1997 UrS AN and the 1995 RS2 Du So, you may find them in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.